Winners in seven nominations were announced today as a part of the Volunteer of the Year 2020 Awards held in the format of a two-hour online marathon.
The event was attended by the Minister of Sport of the Republic of Tatarstan Vladimir Leonov, Deputy Director General of the Directorate for Sports and Social Projects Aleksandr Karpov, head of the Kazan Volunteers movement Airat Mubarakshin and other honoured guests – representatives of the governmental agencies of the Republic of Tatarstan.
“It is only 10 years since the word 'volunteer' got to our vocabulary and speech. However, today it has already become an integral part of every project. Despite a difficult year, the Kazan Volunteers organised the participation of volunteers in 15 events in compliance with all security measures. Volunteers of the movement took an active part in the All-Russian promotional event "We are together", helping to deliver food and medicine to people who are staying home and do not have a possibility to get out. It is important for us, as organisers, that today the number of people with rare and advanced competencies as well as rich experience is also increasing among the volunteers. I wish the movement further development. Keep it up! ” says Vladimir Leonov, summing up the results of the volunteering year.
Aleksandr Karpov emphasized that in this difficult year each of the present nominees found the time, strength, and opportunity to help someone, to take part in a certain event, which means that they performed an act of bravery. These people can rightfully be called social or community volunteers.
The head of the Kazan Volunteers movement, Ayrat Mubarakshin, expressed his deep gratitude to all volunteers who have become part of the movement and have contributed to more than 600 events of international and Russian level during its 11-year history.
The winners and laureates were announced in 7 nominations.
- "Always ready!" – an event volunteer who took part in the largest number of events during the year – the winner is Wang Haiyang;
- Record of the year – the volunteer with the maximum number of working hours – the winner is Dinara Zarifzyanova;
- Discovery of the year – a volunteer who started volunteering this year and proved himself during the year – the winner is Timur Galyalutdinov;
- Silver Volunteer – a volunteer aged 55+, carrying out socially beneficial activities – the winner is Tatiana Nikitina;
- Team Leader of the Year – a volunteer leader who takes part in managing a team of volunteers – there are two winners in this nomination – Aigul Kasimova and Adelya Arslanova;
- Audience Choice Award – the winner of the voting held in the official Kazan Volunteers community in VK.com – Evgeny Burenko.
The winner in the main nomination of the ceremony – Volunteer of the Year – is Danis Satdinov, a student of the Kazan Radio-Mechanical College, a member of the 2019 Autumn Volunteer Session Organising Committee team, a participant of the Concluding Forum of Volunteers Dobryi Tatarstan (Kind Tatarstan), holder of the Letter of Appreciation by the Minister of Construction, Architecture, Housing and Communal Services of the Republic of Tatarstan 2019, an activist of the Kazan Volunteers movement. Danis has more than 1300 volunteer hours at events of various levels.
The special guest of the ceremony was Vladimir Selivanov, the actor of the popular comedy show series Realnye Patsany (Real Fellas), who launched the # danceofkindness challenge on Tik Tok.
Press Office of Directorate for Sports and Social Projects
Photo: Ministry of Sport of Republic of Tatarstan